Teaching with Prism.K12
How To Get Started
Prism.K12 can be used to plan a single lesson or a longer unit, and it can be used to enhance a current lesson or help you start from scratch.
1. Select a lesson or standard of learning on which to focus and choose an artwork, artist, or part of the art education curriculum (such as the elements of art--line, shape, color, etc.) to weave into the lesson.
2. Some questions to consider:
- What are your goals and objectives for the lesson? Is it primarily content or skills based?
- How will you encourage collaboration and/or independent learning?
- How will you reach students with multiple learning styles? How can the lesson educate but also excite and engage students?
3. Select a Prism.K12 strategy that helps you achieve your goals. The strategies are not hierarchical. One lesson might include one or more strategies, while a longer curricular unit might include multiple strategies.
4. Build your lessons. Bravo for trying an arts-integrated teaching approach!